checklist FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS
We would very much like to hear about your archive as it exists currently and regardless of whether or not you have a specific plan for it. This is the checklist for the artist, estate, and PCPP to consider when assessing a work plan.
For print-friendly version, please click here to download in pdf format.
1. What comprises your archive?
1) Approximately how many of the following are in the archive?
- Early prints
- Modern prints
- Contact sheets
- Others (Please specify)
4) Print types (i.e. Exhibition quality or work prints, if any prints are signed, etc.)
2. How is your archive organized?
1) Number of files
2) Number of boxes
3) How is your archive cataloged?
4) Finding aids?
3. What is the ultimate goal for the archive?
Is there an institution, museum, library or individual interested in your work?
Here is the list of ephemera that we are usually looking for.
- Caption envelopes
- Agency and gallery documents
- Exhibition pamphlets
Who owns the copyright to your work currently?